Nokia has since announced availability of the high end Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 phones running Windows phone 8. These are already available in the market and are selling at Kshs 55,000 and 45,000 respectively. Last night Nokia got to demo these devices to a Nairobi audience and while at it launch the Lumia 620, another Windows Phone 8 device but this time lower in the food chain.
Key highs of the Lumia 620 are the dual-shoot colour technique that adds a variety of colour and texture effects, to the polycarbonate shells. This makes the shells of the Lumia 620 produce secondary colour blends and depth effects.
Lumia 620 comes with Nokia applications like Nokia Lenses, Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive, and access to Nokia Music. The 620 has an NFC chip enabling pairing with external accessories like Nokia’s JBL Playup Portable Speaker and play by connecting the two devices and playing wirelessly.
Lumia 620 will be available at Safaricom at the price of Kshs 23,000 and include 1.5GB of data and 500 bob worth of airtime. Buyers will also have an option to purchase it for Kshs 15,000 and 10,000 Bonga points
Nokia Lumia 620 Specifications:
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 3.8″ TFT WVGA 800 x 480 Clear Black
- 1Ghz Dual Core QUalcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor
- 512MB RAM
- 8GB Internal memory with microSD support upto 64GB 7GB Skydrive
- 5Mp camera AF, LED Flash and Front VGA
- Video capture is HD 720p@30fps
- Dimensions are 115 x 61.1 x 11.02mm and weighs 127g
- Wi-Fi, WLAN, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC
- 1300mAh BL-4J Battery, gives 9.9hrs talktime on WCDMA and 14hrs on GSM