Late last year, we noted things to watch out for in the Kenyan smartphone market in 2016. Among our highlights was Cubot, a device we expected to scale up its local operations and challenge the status quo. The firm is indeed scaling up its local operations with an announcement that the global launch of its Cubot Note S device will take place in the Kenyan market. The launch will take place on February 12th with the device available exclusively on Kilimall. Interested customers can begin pre-orders for their devices at Midnight, February 1 on Kilimall.
Cubot said the decision to launch the devices in Kenya was arrived at following the realization that its brand of devices were widely appreciated in the Kenyan market. The device maker also says Kenyans are continually seeking high quality and affordable smartphones hence the decision to deliver such a device. The Note S to launch in Kenya will focus on African Inspired-Kenyan Designs with the aim of increasing its local appeal. To further endear themselves to the market as far as pricing is concerned, Cubot has partnered with Kilimall with the aim of eliminating retail chain costs and keep the prices of the devices on the low. The exclusive partnership means Cubot Note S device will be available 0n Kilimall.
Cubot Note S Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1280*720 display
- Processor: Quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz
- Memory: 16 GB internal memory; 2 GB RAM
- Camera: 8-megapixels rear sensor with LED flash; 5-megapixels front-facing sensor
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 4,150 mAh (last 2 days)
- Network: 3G
- Colors : Matte Black, Champagne Gold & Pearl White
- Others: Dual-SIM, FM radio.