We are expecting Nokia to announce its latest devices at Nokia World 2013 in Abu Dhabi a week from now. Top on the watch list of the devices we expect to see is th Lumia 1520, a 6 inch phablet. While we have several leaks about the device in recent days, as the countdown to October 22nd enters the homestretch, it is becoming more and more clear that indeed the ‘Bandit’ device is just waiting official unveiling.
Microsoft has just released the developer preview of Update 3, better known as GDR3, for Windows Phone 8 devices. One of the things that standout about the new update is the OS’s native support for 1080p displays. The Lumia 1520 has long been rumoured to be sporting a 1920 x 1080 display and this just fuels further the speculation. The new update will now make it possible to have six tiles on devices with 1080p displays on the Windows Phone start/home screen instead of the four that are currently there.
To add to that, we also have a few wild shots of cases that are purportedly for the Lumia 1520.
Here are the leaked specs of the Lumia 1520:
- 152mm x 81mm x 8.7mm
- Measures 6 inch full HD AMOLED PureMotion HD+ display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor clocked at 2 GHz accompanied by an Adrenno 330 graphics chip
- 2 GB RAM
- 32/64 GB internal storage expandable via micro
- 20.7 megapixel rear camera with improved OIS and dual capture 5/6mpx, max usable sensor resolution of 18mpx at 4:3 aspect ratio, 1.8x lossless zoom and 4x zoom for 720p capture
- 3400 mAh battery
- Built-in wireless charging capability
The Lumia 1520, like all other Lumias before it, is expected to be available in multiple colours with black, yellow and white likely to be available when the device first goes on sale. There’s been particular attachment by buyers of Lumia devices with yellow, cyan and red being huge favourites so there is a chance that cyan and red coloured models may also be available and if not be offered as carrier exclusives.
As is the case with all rumours, take this with a pinch of salt.