Spotify has been available in Kenya for nearly a year now. The development followed years of an uproar because users in Kenya and other parts of the world wanted the music streaming service in their geographical regions.
So far, the tier available to Kenyans is the KES 300 one, although there are cheaper plans that are served by ads.
Spotify Premium, which offers hi-fi music is yet to be availed locally, which is sad because there are many customers who are willing to pay for high-quality music.
That aside, Spotify has, for a long time, not offered lyrics on its platform akin to the likes of Apple Music.
At one time, the app was only serving lyric snippets and explanations powered by Genius.
A couple of months ago, Spotify started offering full lyrics on its platform, but only to select markets.
However, as of today, all customers will be able to access lyrics to their tunes.
Lyrics will be available for Free and Premium users across the global, and in the same language as the song is recorded in.
The lyrics feature is a partnership between Spotify and Musicmatch. The latter will give users un-app access to a generous library or tracks.
Here is how you can find lyrics on mobile:
- Tap on the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real time as the song is playing!
- To share, simply tap the “Share” button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then select the lyrics you want to share—and where you want to share it—via third-party platforms.
Those streaming from the desktop app can access lyrics as follows:
- From the “Now Playing” bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing.
- Voila! You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real time while the song plays.
Lastly, lyrics are available on basically all platforms you can access Spotify from, including iOS and Android devices, desktop, TV and gaming consoles.
it’s really great singing along with the lyrics right in one app… also found some Kenyan songs had lyrics though not synced yet..
Comments are closed.