During Microsoft’s AI event, a new Bing powered by ChatGPT was introduced and made headlines. Microsoft also launched a revamped version of its Edge browser with a new design and integration with the new Bing.
The Edge Dev version is available for testing today. Microsoft offers several Insider versions of Edge, including Edge Dev, Edge Canary, and Edge Beta, allowing users to test new features and provide feedback. The new Edge browser has improved performance thanks to a redesigned backend.
The new Edge browser has a Sidebar that includes sections for Chat, Compose, and Insights. The Chat section allows for natural language interaction with the browser, similar to the new Bing.
However, we have noticed that these features are not available on this part of the world (Kenya), but it is worth testing out if you have been craving to see the new browser powered by ChatGPT.
It is also worth noting that I have been on the waitlist for these features, which is probably why I am unable to access them. This means that your mileage may vary, which is why you should go ahead and have a spin at the new dev browser.
To download Edge Dev, follow these steps:
- Visit microsoftedgeinsider.com using any browser.
- Click on “Download.” You may select a specific operating system if desired, but the default should be your current system.
- Accept the terms and initiate the download.
- Open the downloaded file (MicrosoftEdgeSetupDev.exe).
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Enjoy, and let us know if you are able to access the chat features.