Electronic cigarette explodes in man’s mouth

Electronic Cigarette explodes

Electronic Cigarette explodesBefore you think that using the electronic cigarette as an aid to stop smoking, think again. A 57 year old Florida man, Tom Holloway learnt the hard way as an electronic cigarette exploded in his mouth. This happened and went with some of his front teeth and part of his tongue. He also got severe burns on his face as he puffed his way to cigarette freedom, well I doubt he will smoke again.

“The best analogy is like it was trying to hold a bottle rocket in your mouth when it went off,” said Joseph Parker, division chief for the North Bay Fire Department. “The battery flew out of the tube and set the closet on fire.”

The brand of cigarette or the battery type are not yet known, but the recharging station in his house indicated that the battery was rechargeable lithium.