3 days ago, LG announced a very high specs device named the LG Optimus G, which is the device with the highest specs from LG. Hot on the heels of that announcement comes reports that LG will be a proud maker of a Google Nexus device. Dont frown yet Nexus lovers, there is still word that Google will have Nexus devices from several OEMs, which could be some good news for those awaiting the Galaxy Nexus upgrade. Google is strict with how their device will be manufactured and by choosing to go LG thay mean to give LG their moment in the sun, Nexus is a loved device since the inception, and the most recent Nexus, the Samsung galaxy Nexus had much love from owners and suitors alike.
Now, the LG Nexus will be curved off the newly announced LG Optimus G, meaning most of the specifications will be seen on the Nexus device, whether the same will apply to design will be another story altogether. So you could call it a modifies version of the Optimus G as CNET calls it. The LG Nexus is said to be scheduled for a late October announcement.
The specs below are what the LG Optimus G has, and we assume that this one wont be way off these, save for the fact that it will come with stock version of Android, expected to be Android 4.2 which I gather is ready for use.
- 13 or 8 MP rear-facing camera, 1.3 MP front
- Android 4.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHZ Quad-Core Krait CPUs and LTE
- 32 GB of memory or 16 GB of on-board memory and microSD slot pre-loaded with a 16GB SD card that can accommodate up to 64GB of expandable memory
- 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus Display (1280 x 768 pixels)
- Display technologies including Zerogap Touch
- 2,100mAh battery
- Bluetooth® Version 4.0
- Capable of 2G/3G/ 4G LTE networks
- Crystal Reflection glass finish
- DualScreen Dual Play