This is the Lumia 1520’s brother. It shares a lot with the 1520 on paper but looking at physically you’ll notice there’s a difference. It has more curves and rounded corners that are a stark contrast to the 1520’s more pointed and flat out edges.
Packing a 6 inch display like the Lumia 1520 and having the same software additions that the 1520 has, the 1320 has one trademark that also results in its biggest advantage of its elder brother. The 1320 packs a 720p display.
That is still a HD display and unless you’re from another planet you’ll always never have problems with a 720p, its still clear and sharp just like a 1080 p display. Such trade-offs result in it being fairly priced something that will work to its advantage.
In fact, even Nokia goes as far as comparing it to the highly successful and popular low cost Lumia 520 by declaring that it builds on the affordability of the 520. That can be seen from the $339 pricing that it will attract before tax.
Here’s a quick rundown of the Lumia 1320’s specs:
- It is 85.9mm wide and 9.8mm thick
- A 6 inch 720p ClearBlack pane
- It will have a 5MP autofocus camera on the back
- 8GB of internal storage (expandable via microSD)
- 1 GB RAM
- It will have dual-core Snapdragon 400 processor clocked at 1.7 GHz
- 3,400mAh battery
- On top of packing the software that the Lumia 1520 also packs, the Lumia 1320 comes with Nokia Music for free streaming of ad-free music and HERE maps and location services,
- It will be available in orange, yellow, white, and black and is expected to start shipping in Q1 2014 at the above stated price.