Today is the 7th day of May 2014 and we are here in Paris at the Maison de la Mutualite where Huawei is launching the newest device of 2014. This is the flagship device of the year and is a followup og the Ascend P6 launched last year at around the same time. Paris, France is rather new ground for Huawei to launch at and this naturally would evoke questions as to why it’s different this year.
A Huawei insider hinted that one of the reasons is that Huawei intends to target the developed European market with the new smartphone proposition. Paris is the fashion capital of the world and Huawei Ascend P7 has design among the key selling points of the device.This is also another reason, to theme it alongside design in the design capital, something that Huawei has managed to do quite well.
- 5 inch Full HD 1080p display
- 1.8 GHz HiSilicon Kirin 910 processor by Huawei
- Mali 450 GPU
- LTE Cat 4 with 150 Mbps
- 16GB internal storage with expansion options
- 2 GB RAM
- 2500 mAh battery giving 2 days of normal usage plus Ultra power saving mode, adding a day of charge at 10%
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Emotion 2.3 UI
- 13MP rear camera and an even bigger front selfie camera at 8
- 3 colour options, white, pink and blue black.
There is no word yet as to pricing or when it hits the market but we’ll update you as soon as this is available.
UPDATE: Huawei Ascend P7 will retail at EUR 449 and will be available in 30 countries including all Orange shops in Europe from 7th of June. This translates to around Kshs 54,000 in Kenya. Expect it in Kenya within a month too with interesting bundling from Safaricom.