Facebook is like catnip to businesses thanks to its huge 1.7 billion active user base and they have signed up in droves to advertise on the platform. That is why we keep on seeing an increase in the number of businesses signing up to advertise on the Facebook ad platform and there is no sign of slowing down.
Apparently, Facebook has revealed that there are now 4 million businesses actively advertising on Facebook, which is 33% more than the count they released in March this year (3 million). Also, the number of businesses that have pages have also risen within the same period where now we have 60 million businesses with a page, up 20% from the previous count of 50 million.
The other interesting information regarding business Pages include:
- 40% of active advertisers have created a Facebook ad on mobile.
- 85% of users are on mobile.
- South East Asia still recorded the highest growth especially in Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines. Other countries with substantial growth include Greece and Ukraine.
- 30% of SMEs that have Pages are owned by women.
- 4 million video ads were created by more than 20% of active subscribers which is immense
Having more advertisers on its platform is very beneficial for Facebook. In the last quarter, Facebook revealed that they had earned $6.2 billion in ad revenue of which mobile contributed to approximately 84% of the total. This shows how the decision to focus on mobile has paid off for the company which has also been emulated on Instagram, which recently revealed that it has doubled its advertiser base in half a year.