Uber is increasing the insights it offers on its app. The ride-hailing app will now show you how many five-star and one-star ratings you’ve received from drivers from the time you started using the app.
Uber has added a new tab on its privacy menu that breaks down riders ratings. Here’s how to check:
- Tap on your Profile, click Settings, scroll down to Privacy and then tap on Privacy Center
- When you’ve opened the Privacy Center tab, swipe through the carousel until you reach the Would you like to see a summary of how you use Uber tile
- Scroll down to the Browse your data section and click on View my ratings to see the breakdown
Here’s my breakdown:
Uber says that it can kick out riders with low ratings. The platform has offered ways to increase your ratings:
- Don’t slam the door! It is easy to accidentally slam a door if you aren’t thinking about it, and drivers have consistently cited door slams as a reason why they deduct stars.
- Treat everyone and everything with respect: As outlined in our Community Guidelines, we want riders and drivers to feel safe, respectful, and positive. Always treat your driver and their vehicle as you would want to be treated.
- Be ready: Remember that drivers’ time is valuable and they shouldn’t have to wait for you. A smooth pickup is better for everyone so be ready to go when the driver arrives.
- Buckle Up: Studies show that unbuckled passengers in the back seat can put the driver at greater risk of injury in a crash. So always remember to buckle up for your and the driver’s safety.
- Pack it in, pack it out: Drivers shouldn’t have to clean up after you. Always make sure to take your trash and any other belongings with you. Don’t leave a mess behind.