Safaricom announced to a network maintenance. As it routinely happens, this will have an effect on services
Customers should take note that on 8th October 2023, from 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM Monday 9th October 2023, some services will be available intermittently. The following services will be affected
- Lipa Na M-PESA Pay Bill and Buy Goods
- M-PESA Business to Customer(B2C), Business to Business(B2B)
- USSD Services including *100# and 200#
- Daraja Portal and all M-PESA API’s
- M-PESA organization Portal, Dealer portal, and Lipa Na M-PESA portal
- International Money Transfers (Western Union) and M-PESA Global
- M-PESA App and Safaricom App • M-Shwari, KCB M-PESA and M-Kesho
- Pinless Top-up loT services
Notably, all other services including calls, data and SMS and all other M-PESA services will be available as usual.
According to the notice, the system maintenance is to enable the company “To support even more innovations”. No further details are given.
All customers are advised to take note and take early measures to mitigate inconveniences.