Safaricom and TV streaming platform Showmax have partnered in a deal that will see customers access Showmax content at a cheaper price, with some data bundles to boot.
Announced today, the offer will see customers get one month free if they buy a Showmax subscription.
The deal, however, is for mobile only, meaning it does not work on other devices such as PCs and streaming boxes or smart TV platforms.
Nonetheless, subscribers will still have access to what Showmax has to offer, and those who want to pay more can enjoy live channels and sports on Showmax Pro.
Here are the two packages announced:
- Showmax Mobile (60 days) + 1GB Safaricom data for KES 389
- Showmax Pro Mobile (60 days) + 3GB Safaricom data for KES 1299
The offer will run all the way to the end of March, so customers have an extended period to get onboard.
Here is how you can subscribe to the deal:
- Visit www.showmax.com/safaricom or dial *544*20# and select Showmax
- Select either a Showmax Mobile (2 months) + 1GB data or Showmax Pro Mobile (2 months) + 3GB data
- Create an account or sign in using your email address and password
- Enter your Safaricom mobile phone number and click on next.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN on your phone to approve your payment
- You will receive an SMS confirming payment
- Start watching
“We’re always looking at ways to make it easier for fans to watch Showmax,” says Nathan Hanley, Chief Expansion Officer – MultiChoice Connected Video. “Our partnership with Safaricom gives our customers the convenience of a single payment for both entertainment and data to make streaming quick and easy while giving them and extra 30 days of watching,” he added.
“As a digital first company, we want to avail affordable devices and data bundles and leverage our extensive 4G coverage to enable Kenyans access a new world of content from the comfort of their phones. Through this partnership, our customers can now enjoy their favourite shows on Showmax using bundles that provide value and convenience,” said Peter Ndegwa, CEO – Safaricom PLC.