Motorola Mobility have on release schedule, a new phone, Motorola XT531, which promises to be well priced, slim and with great features. Packed with Android 2.3 Gingerbread the phone comes with a 3.5 inch extra-bright touch-screen, dual cameras and enhancement for social networking.
The phone also offers unique personalization options through the Moto Switch user interface that enables users to switch between friend and work-centric modes depending on what they’re doing. A 28 day 3G mode standby or 8 hours of talktime battery is a plus in this device, we all know the general problem android devices have with keeping battery charge.The Motorola XT531 will be marketed as Motorola FIRE™ XT in Europe and as Motorola SPICE™ XT in Latin America. The Motorola XT531 will be available as single-SIM and dual-SIM models in select parts of Asia. The dual-SIM model will be available in this quater.
Other features are:
- 5MP camera with auto-focus and built in flash
- Front-facing VGA camera for video call, chat and sharing
- Moto Switch UI allows users to shift to different modes
- 800MHz chipset
- 512MB onboard memory
- MicroSD card slot expandable up to 32GB
- Access to Google Apps (Mapping, Voice Turn-by-Turn Directions, 360 Mapping, Google Talk™, Browsing)
- FM Radio with RDS support
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
- LED notifications
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 1540mAh battery, up to 8 hours of talk time and 28 days in standby in 3G mode
The phone will be available this month in China first, then Hong Kong, Taiwan, select European countries and Latin America later, no word about Africa yet.