Blackberry Partner’s fund announced winners of the fourth annual BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge on Blackberry OS 6 for year 2011. Apps were judged based on quality and use of development best practices, level of visual appeal, user experience, and creativity and innovation.
Below is the list.
- · Grand Prize Winner – Guitarist’s Reference and Guitarist’s Reference Torch (vendor: My App Catalog LLC)
- · First Runners-up – Meeting Cost (vendor: Hindam Innovation Corp.)
- · Second Runners-up – Light ’Em Up (vendor: Thomas Kiefer)
Europe, Middle East, Africa:
- · Grand Prize Winner – Daily Express UK (vendor: Refresh Mobile Ltd)
- · First Runners-up – Twinoo Lite (vendor: Razum d.o.o.)
- · Second Runners-up – Interlecta (vendor: Interlecta OOD)
- · Grand Prize Winner – Shogomo (vendor: Quintell Business Intelligence Pte Ltd)
- · First Runners-up – Chatmosphere IRC Chat Finder (vendor: Mobile Ventures Pty Ltd)
- · Second Runners-up – Rock Paper Scissors (vendor: MMMOOO)
DevCon and Prizes
All winners of the 2011 BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge will be recognized at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference (DevCon), October 18 – 20 in San Francisco. This year’s prizing for all competitions is valued at $3 million, almost double the value of prizes awarded last year. Prizes and awards include placement on the BlackBerry App World™ featured carousel; BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook; membership in the BlackBerry® Alliance Program; BlackBerry accessory gift certificates; and more.