As expected Microsoft held its event where it unveiled the two Surface tablets: Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 yesterday. The two tablets serve the same purpose as last year’s versions though they have bumped up specs now. They are simply upgrades to last year’s Surface RT and Surface Pro.
- ARM architecture
- 10.6 inch ClearType Full HD display (1920 X 1080) with better colour accuracy (an uograde from Surface RT’s 1366 X 768 display)
- Tegra 4 processor (an upgrade from Surface RT’s Tegra 3)
- 2 GB RAM
- Runs Windows RT 8.1
- Thinner (8.9mm) and lighter (under 680g) than Surface RT
- 5 megapixel main camera and 3.5 MP front facing camera
- 25% more battery life
- USB 3.0 port
- Bluetooth 4.0 support
- Available from October 22nd in select countries
- Pricing starts at $449
Surface Pro 2
- x86 architecture
- Same display as the Surface 2
- Intel Core i5 Haswell processor clockedat 1.6GHz
- 4-8 GB RAM depending on which Surface Pro 2 variant you pick
- 64-512 GB storage
- Runs Windows 8 Pro
- Microsoft says that it is faster than 95% of currently available laptop computers
- Pricing starts at $899 and will vary going up depending on the Surface Pro 2 variant you purchase
Both tablets come bundled with an offer from Microsoft: free Skype calling to landlines in at least 60 countries and access to Skype Wi-Fi for one year. There’s also some free 200 GB worth of storage on SkyDrive with every purchase of the Surface tablets.
Accessories like the Touch Cover 2, Type Cover 2 and the Power Cover are also available for the tablets.
[…] Microsoft’s previous efforts include the infamous Windows RT which ran on the Surface RT and Surface 2 devices and was mainly looked down upon because it could only allow apps run specifically for it to […]
[…] OS. Microsoft’s previous efforts include the infamous Windows RT which ran on the Surface RT and Surface 2 devices and was mainly looked down upon because it could only allow apps specifically made for it […]
Comments are closed.