We had the leaks just a moment ago and now here’s the real thing. Samsung has officially announced its curved smartphone, the Galaxy Round.
The Galaxy round features a full HD Super AMOLED flexible display and has a faux leather back just like the Galaxy Note 3. It shares quite a bit of features with the Galaxy Note 3. Apart from the faux leather back there is also a USB 3.0 charging port available as had been previously revealed in the leaked images. The Galaxy Round also has a 5.7 inch display like the Note 3 only that this one is flexible.
The Galaxy Round is 7.9 mm thick and weighs in at 154g.
Other specs include:
- It runs Android 4.3
- 13 megapixel camera
- 3 GB RAM
- 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor
- 2800 mAh
It has several notable features like:
- Roll Effect – enables the user to check information such as the date, time, missed calls and battery easily when home screen is off.
- Gravity Effect – for creating visual interaction with the screen by tilting the device.
- Bounce UX – enables users to control their music. When the device’s display is off while the music player is running, a short press to the left of the device will play the previous track while a short press to the right will play the next track
- Side Mirror – feature that enables users to gain access to list of the album content with a left and right tilt.
- One-Hand Operation feature to bring a user’s most desired controls closer to a preferred side of the screen
- Multi Window
The device is only available in Korea at the moment through carrier STK in Luxury Brown colour.
Here is a gallery of the Galaxy Round from the official press images released by Samsung