Telegram has brought new features with its latest update(5.13). The app has become popular among privacy-focused messaging apps and the rate at which it gets updates and new features unlike WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. The app already has features like support for scheduled messages, a new attachment menu, slow mode in group chats, silent messages and custom cloud themes.
There’s a new Theme Editor that will allow users to quickly tweak the style of elements in Telegram chats and add new gradients to messages and the chat background.
The new theme can then be shared with friends who can customise it further as they like. There are new patterns that can be added to the chat background for users to personalize.
“Send When Online” will allow users to draft a message and automatically send it when the recipient goes online. It will be found within the Schedule Message option. This feature will also work only if you are allowed to see your recipient’s online status.
Other features include:
- better support for podcasts and audiobooks – the app will remember your last position when resuming playback of audio files longer than 20 minutes. There’s even a new 2x button
- an improved venue sharing feature as you can now tap a place directly on the map to select it, rather than scrolling through a list of all the power converter purveyors in Tosche Station.
- For dark mode, there’s now a convenient new toggle to switch to night mode with the Night Mode Switch at the top of the menu. Just tap the moon icon and watch the sun rise and fall at your whim. Maps also get to use that feature
- little ripple animations when you press on things to help you get more joy out of buttons.
- the ability to select a portion of the message text to copy or share, instead of only the full text.
- multi-sharing from other apps with your friends as you now tap and hold to select multiple recipients – and even add a comment in case your savage subtweet needs some context.
- mark archive as read by tapping and holding the archive folder and marking them all read.
Head to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and update the Telegram app to get these features.