Early this morning, Twitter’s 11 member board convened to further discuss Elon’s offer since the 50-year-old had lined up $46.5 billion financing to buy the social media platform which his bid was actually a serious one.
His financing is backed by investment bank Morgan Stanley($13 billion debt financing), loans against his Tesla stock($12.5 billion) and equity financing($ 21 billion).
Twitter’s board has grown receptive to his proposal even after pulling a poison pill move over a $43 billion hostile takeover. Wall Street analysts are expecting that Twitter wants to sell at a minimum of $60 a share.
Elon Musk has said that Twitter has “extra-ordinary potential” and that he will “unlock it”
Here are the best reactions:
Articles in This Stream
- Twitter Board Goes on the Defensive Over Elon’s Hostile Takeover
- Elon Musk to Buy Twitter in a $43B Hostile Takeover
- Elon Musk, Twitter and the Edit Button
- Twitter Could Very Soon Have an Edit Button
- Elon Musk Snaps $2.9B Stake in Twitter, Becomes Its Largest Shareholder
Articles in this stream
Here’s how to protect your privacy and stay secure on: