Samsung Galaxy S23 series share most features across the board such as using Gorilla Glass Victus 2 for both front and back and are powered by an overclocked Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.
All three have flat 12OHz Dynamic AMOLED 2X displays with HDR10+ support. The S23 starts at 6.1″ while the S23 Plus and S23 Ultra have 6.6″ and 6.8″ screens respectively.
Samsung says the screens are very bright with all three sporting 1750 nits of peak brightness.
Protection is served by Gorilla Glass Victus 2 for both front and back for protection and the Armor aluminium frames.
As usual, we get an IP68 rating.
The Samsung Galaxy S23 series have ultrasonic under-display fingerprint readers.
The S23 Ultra rocks the new 200MP primary lens with 10MP periscope telephoto with 10X optical zoom, 10MP telephoto with 3X optical zoom and 12MP ultrawide.
The Galaxy S23 and S23+ have a 50MP primary camera, 10MP telephoto lens with 3X optical zoom and 12MP ultra-wide.
They all have a 12MP selfie camera with video recording up to 4K 60fps and support for HDR10+ videos. The main cameras support up to 8K 24fps and 30fps.
The main cameras also support stereo sound recording and HDR10+ video too.
The regular S23, the S23 Plus and the S23 Ultra have a 3900mAh battery, 4700mAh battery and 5000mAh battery respectively. The S23 Plus and the S23 Ultra support 45W wired charging while the S23 supports 25W wired. The three support 4.5W reverse wireless and 10W wireless charging.
It’s worth noting that the three don’t ship with the charging brick included.
Other features will include support for Samsung DeX, Samsung Wireless DeX, Samsung Pay and Bixby.
Pricing and Availability
Pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S23 series start on February 2nd. The phones will be available from February 28th. Samsung is selling the 512GB variants at the price of the 256GB versions during the pre-order period. You get a free silicon cover too with each pre-order.
- Samsung Galaxy S23: Ksh 135,000 (128GB)
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus: Ksh 155,000
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra: 256GB: Ksh 195,000, 512GB – 209,000
With each pre-order, you get Samsung Care + which lets you get one free screen replacement.
Samsung has struck different partnerships with companies like:
- Badili Africa lets you trade in your device for one of the latest S23 smartphones and this offer will be available in 12 official Samsung Stores starting with Nairobi. This is a limited offer.
- Safaricom will offer up to 10GB of data for 12 months when you purchase from their official stores during the pre-order period.
- Samsung has partnered with Safaricom to make the S23 series available for purchase on its post-pay platform(contract) with additional benefits like talk time and airtime from March.
- When you use a KCB Credit card to buy one of the latest S23 smartphones at Safaricom stores, you get 0% interest for 6 months.
S23 Ultra: 60K deposit + 10K monthly payments. The S23: 20K deposit and 10K monthly payments.