The air around the world has the aroma of innovation. Everyone is trying to be innovative to remain relevant and compete in the dynamic world for the same clients. Mobile banking is becoming more enticing by the day, considering how it makes business activities easy and convenient. Its in that breath that Co-operative Bank has officially launched mobile loan school fees payment service “M-Karo”. Customers can pay school fees via their mobile phones conveniently and the school will get relieve and flexibility to the tedious school fees paying process.
M-Karo enables parents and guardians to make fee payments directly to school accounts from any location at their convenience. The Bank will then credit the school account with the funds within 2 hours of the transaction, with clear references specified by the parent or guardian. The school on the other hand will get a confirmation receipt from Co-opnet, Co-op Bank’s Internet Banking facility, after which a receipt can be generated for the student or parent as proof of payment.
Co-operative Bank, the leading financier of education in Kenya with this move, strives to provide consumers with innovative products to meet their changing needs and preferences. Currently, mobile phones have the high ownership and usage in Kenya. The M-Karo service is available for M-pesa users. Value adding services like these are the ones making the mobile phone a very essential tool for the mordern person.
The requirements for this collection facility to take effect include;
- Filling in the fees collection application form with the following details;
- School’s full name
- School’s Co-operative Bank account number
- Details of the selected users to be forwarding student data to the bank and their email address’ ([email protected])
- Authorised signatories to the account should sign the application form
- Filling in an Internet banking application form (in the event they are not already signed onto Coop net) specifying the users to be created. This form must be signed by the authorised signatories of the schools bank account.
- Present the fully filled application forms to the nearest Co-operative Bank Branch to enable registration and allocation of a unique School Code that the parent/guardian will be using to make the payment.