Hot on the heels of Samsung’s Galaxy S5 mini unveiling recently, LG is giving the mini phone a chance too. And its not named the G3 mini as was widely expected. Instead, like Sony, LG is going with some fancy naming. G3 Beat is how the device will be known as in LG’s home market of Korea and G3 s is what it will be known as in Europe and beyond. It makes sense not to call it mini anyway. 5 inches is by no means “mini”!
As expected, LG has gone with the less popular of mini phone structures since the G3 Beat is not an exact replica of the G3 spec-wise but just design wise with all other specifications stepped down.
In place of that QHD display on the G3, there’s a HD panel. The rest as usual follow the same script as every other mini phone out there bar the Z1 Compact.
Specs of the device are as follows:
- Size & weight: 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm, 134g
- Display: 5.0-inch HD (720p) IPS (249 ppi)
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 400 chip clocked at 1.2 GHz with an Adreno 305 GPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM/ 8 GB internal storage
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Camera: 8 MP with Laser Autofocus/ 1.3 MP
- Battery: 2540 mAh
- Others: LG’s key features of the LG G3 other than the Laser AutoFocus are: Touch and Shoot, Gesture Shoot, Smart Keyboard, QuickMemo+; 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G), Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/Glonass, NFC, USB 2.0
The device will be available in Metallic Black, Silk White and Shine Gold at a yet to be disclosed price and from July 18th in Korea and later in other markets.