LG announced the G3 sometime back in May in London, UK. The device was first to launch running a QHD display among equals in the smartphone sector. Lg G3 has already launched in other markets starting from June in home country South Korea. They also had time to announce the quick circle cover just to get you know what this could do before the media gets consumers immersed in the phone to a point of that getting missed.
Some of the new features that came with the Lg G3 include laser autofocus that allows the camera focus faster with assistance by a laser beam in the rear, the now familiar rear camera button gets assistance by the gestures in the front that allow you to take a selfie by making a hand gram gesture infront of the screen and waiting three seconds. LG also brought back both removable battery and expandable storage, to things that smarphone users hold dear. Flatter icon design also came in on the LG G3, something that makes the device homescreens more beautiful.
LG spots a metal design in the rear back cover which is plastic and removable and as the buttons are in the rear, there are no buttons on the side and LG team here mentioned that they got most of the features that are not gimmicks onto the phone while making the phone most useful. The tagline Simple is the new great accompanies that at the launch.
As a refresher, below are the specifications of the LG G3
- Size: 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 149g
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS (2560 x 1440, 538ppi)
- Chipset: A Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 clocked at 2.5GHz and backed by an Adreno 330 GPU
- Memory: 32GB internal storage expandable via a microSD slot upto 128 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Camera: 13 megapixels rear camera with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus (the first in a smartphone) / 2.1 MP front-facing
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X), NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0
- Colours: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet, Burgundy Red
LG G3 will retail at a price of Kshs 60,000 in Kenya and is already available in the market. Outside the independent retailers, the phone will be retailing via Safaricom, Airtel and Tangaza which has for sometime been a mobile money service, now transitioning to a mobile carrier. It’s available in Titanium Black and Silk White in the market.