It’s been quite some time since LG took the wraps of its latest flagship smartphone, the G4. The G4 came clad in two different materials. The usual build comprising a full glass front and a not-so-normal leather back. No, not faux leather, real leather. The other G4 variant went with good old plain plastic. Thanks to that, many had come to expect that this will become some sort of LG trademark just like those back buttons on its devices have become since the arrival of the G2 two years ago. Only that it isn’t and it’s probably a good thing. G4 owners retain their exclusive club status and buyers of its new mid-ranger, the G4 Beat, aren’t scared off by a high price tag thanks to the extra leather padding.
The LG G4 Beat packs much better specifications than we anticipated. While it is not essentially a “mini” version of the G4, it is its own man. A device modeled around the design of the G4 but packing just enough muscle to create its own loyal following. Considering that LG is keen to push this device to several key markets around the world including Singapore, Russia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Turkey and South Africa, it could be just what it needs to shore up its smartphone shipments this year.
Here are specifications of the LG G4 Beat:
- Size and weight: 142.7 x 72.6 x 9.85mm; 139g
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD (1920 x 1080, 423ppi)
- Memory: 8GB internal storage / 1.5GB RAM
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Processor
- Camera: Rear 8MP LDAF (13MP in Latin America) / Front 5MP
- Battery: 2,300mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 42.2Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / A-GPS / Glonass / USB 2.0
- Other: In-Cell Touch / Color Spectrum Sensor / Gesture Interval Shot
The LG G4 Beat will come in Metallic Silver, Ceramic White and Shiny Gold. Pricing and availability details are yet to be revealed.