KCSE examinations will start from March 2022.
This means that Form 4 candidates can now register for courses they will want to pursue in colleges, universities, and tertiary institutions.
The development was made live over the weekend, after an announcement by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Services (KUCCPS) CEO, Mercy Wahome briefed the media.
The exercise will be done online after KUCCPS announced that it had opened the portal for the process.
The systems that will guide the exercise have also been automated, meaning that the process will be fair to all candidates sitting for the examinations.
Also, for the first time, students who want to join Teacher Training Colleges or TTCs will be able to use the platform for placement.
“KUCCPS will add value to TTC admission by utilizing its automated placement system to guarantee fair competition among applicants. Affirmative action will also be applied to benefit applicants with disabilities and those from marginalized regions,” says CEO Wahome.
The Application Process
- Students are required to pay KES 500. This can be done with the assistance of their teachers at their respective schools.
- Visit the portal at linked here.
- Create an account by adding KCSE index number, KSCE year and then a password of your choice.
- Initial passwords should be their birth certificate numbers or KCSE index number. This can then be changed later.
- Teachers should then guide the students from there about which courses to pick from 546 degree programs, 218 college courses and 114 certificate course.