The Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC) is inviting African businesspersons and entrepreneurs to take part in its yearly camp that it has been conducting for the last six years.
The program, which has since become attractive for a lot of African entrepreneurs, seeks to support the next generation of project leaders in scaling up their ventures.
Since it was launched back in 2017, it has supported nearly 240 entrepreneurs to grow through the combination of innovative training and networking with other entrepreneurs, mentors, and potential investors.
SIBC is supported by the FDA Campus and implemented by a consortium of international partners: I&P Conseil, African Management Institute (AMI), ScaleChanger, and StartupBRICS.
It seeks to scale up and lead social and/or inclusive innovation to come up with solutions to address shortcomings in society.
These companies’ impact can stem from either their product or service and the inclusiveness of their organization and their value chain mainly to benefit vulnerable populations.
It focuses on four primary segments:
- leadership development and team composition
- scaling up
- investment readiness
- impact measurement.
The pillars are managed through three-month online training, and individual mentoring from previous groups. There is also a one-week intensive bootcamp in Marseille France, in partnership with the EMERGING Valley Summit (an event dedicated to emerging innovations between Europe and Africa) to take a closer look at the pressing issues and gain insight from high-level experts and investors.
The program will be run as follows:
- May 09 – June 26, 2022: application submissions
- June 26 to July 8, 2022: assessment of applications, the consortium will choose 40 participants and the selection committee will take place
- July 18, 2022: the chosen candidates will be announced
- End of August 2022: start of the program and the online course
- End of November 2022: Intensive one-week bootcamp in Marseille and participation in the EMERGING Valley summit on November 28 and 29.
Interesting applicants can send their applications here.