Android 13 is finally rolling out to OPPO’s premier midrange series in the country – the OPPO Reno7 5G and OPPO Reno6 5G.
The two phones got the Android 13 upgrade this week in Kenya which is pretty welcome for consumers who currently use either the OPPO Reno6 5G and OPPO Reno7 5G.
How To Get The Update
To get the update, head to settings, scroll to About Device, tap on the ColorOS 12 icon to get Software Update. If the update is available for your phone, a notification will pop up asking you to download and update.
It’s a huge update – a 5.2GB download.
Android 13 is coming with new features including:
- New Material You colour schemes and new cinematic wallpapers.
- Opt-in notifications.
- QR code scanner in the quick settings toggle
- Android 13 will warn you of crooked apps that cause background battery drain.
- UWB(Ultra-wideband) support is coming to Android 13
- Full support for Bluetooth Low Energy(LE) audio
- A new look for the output picker and media player.
- The option to make the lock screen clock more subtle
- Improved clipboard management
- Predictive back gestures
- 7-day view on the Privacy Dashboard
ColorOS 13 includes a range of new smart features designed by OPPO to optimize the viewing experience on large displays, provide seamless interconnectivity between multiple devices, and boost productivity and efficiency.
Here’s how ColorOS 13 on the OPPO Reno7 5G looks compared to ColorOS 12.1 on the OPPO Reno8 5G.
One thing you’ll notice is that ColorOS 13 brings the same lock screen wallpaper featured on OnePlus’s OxygenOS UI.
Hoipefuly, OPPO Reno8 5G gets the Android 13 treatment later this week. We’ll keep you posted when it finally gets that update along with other OPPO phones including the Reno7 4G, Reno5, and Reno5F. They all run on Android 12.
Articles in this Stream
Here’s how to protect your privacy and stay secure on: