OPPO has revealed that it will be bringing ColorOS 13 to its devices starting today. The skin, which is based on Android 13, will target the company’s high-end devices first before it trickles down to other devices, including the Reno lineup. For now, folks with the OPPO Find N and OPPO Find X5 Pro should, in the next couple of days, register for the beta update for testing purposes.
The beta version is for limited users only and will be released on a batch-by-batch basis.
Google announced Android 13 just the other day. It also marks the fourth iteration of the mobile OS that does not have a dessert name.
Here are some of its features:
- New Material You colour schemes and new cinematic wallpapers.
- Opt-in notifications.
- QR code scanner in the quick settings toggle
- Android 13 will warn you of crooked apps that cause background battery drain.
- UWB(Ultra-wideband) support is coming to Android 13
- Full support for Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) audio
- A new look for the output picker and media player.
- The option to make the lock screen clock more subtle
- Improved clipboard management
- Predictive back gestures
- 7-day view on the Privacy Dashboard
Of course, OPPO will add more flair to the update because ColorOS is one of the most robust and functional skins out there.
According to OPPO, ColorOS 13 includes a range of new smart features designed by OPPO to optimize the viewing experience on large displays, provide seamless interconnectivity between multiple devices, and boost productivity and efficiency. A new design will also be introduced to the OS to deliver a smooth Android experience.
As said, its flagships will get the update first including the Find X5 series, and the foldable Find N. OPPO Reno 8 series will get the update in September followed by the Reno 7 series(4G and 5G), Reno 6 series, and the Reno 5 series.