KCB to M-Pesa and vice versa are frequent transactions. The Kenya Commercial Bank (Kenya) Ltd is a financial services provider licensed as a commercial bank, by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). The bank has also been running an Agency banking model
It is one of the banks that have integrated well with the M-Pesa ecosystem. Together with Safaricom, they offer KCB M-Pesa loans and Fuliza Credit.
How to Withdraw Money from KCB to M-PESA account
- The way to deposit money from your KCB account to your M-PESA account is easy.
- Dial the USSD *522# on your phone
- You will be prompted to enter your M PIN to begin the transaction.
- Next choose “MyKash,” and then “M-Pesa.”
- Key in the amount you wish to send. The total cost of your transaction will be shown, alongside the amount you wish to send.
An SMS Message will notify you of the successful deposit from the bank account to the M-PESA account.
How to Send Money from M-PESA to KCB Account
Transferring money from M-PESA to a KCB account takes the following steps:
- Open your M-PESA STK Tool kit.
- Select “Lipa Na Mpesa”
- Enter the KCB PayBill number: 522522
- Enter the bank account number. (Yours or Another Recipient)
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Insert your M-PESA PIN
- Confirm that all details you have entered are correct, then hit send money
Charges for the Transactions
There are fees for sending money from your bank account to M-PESA/mobile money wallet. In addition, transferring money from an M-PESA account to the bank account has charges attached too.
The fees associated with the services are outlined here.