Xcover is the series of Samsung where they go to extremes of designing the hardy phone for those tough environment. And Galaxy Xcover, released last year was the first to bring the macho feel to the smartphone. Galaxy Xcover 2 is now announced and in my opinion could pass as one of the best designed phones out there. It actually appeals to me design-wise than many others up the food chain. Now Galaxy Xcover 2 doesn’t come to the stage for it’s beauty, but it’s brawn. Samsung says this phone will withstand the toughest of conditions out of the box, no need to add covers and skins.
Xcover 2 is dust and sand proof, it can withstand water upto a depth of one meter for 30 minutes, so you have all the time to get it out of water if it falls in the tub. That makes even those underwater pics in the swimming pool possible, I am not suggesting you start stalking people though, keep it clean. 🙂
Doesnt end there, there is an app called Cardio Trainer Pro, a paid app on Google play that comes with the device for y’all fitness freaks with which you can tailor a program to check progress and record track and speed. The phone also got pre-downloaded Google map data, an enhanced GPS and GLONASS making satellite signal detection easier by 20%.
Galaxy Xcover Specifications are:
- HSUPA 21Mbps / HSDPA 5.76
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 4GB Internal memory with microSD – upto 32GB
- 1GB RAM
- 4″ WVGA TFT display at 400 x 800 pixels
- 5mp rear camera with AF and LED flash and a front VGA camera (dedicated camera key)
- Samsung apps ( AllShare Play,Motion UI, Smart Stay, Best Shot, S Voice, S Cloud, Cardio Trainer Pro)
- Ruggedized features – IP67 Certified, Battery cover lock and Strap holder
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, WI-Fi, WI-Fi Direct
- Dimensions are 130.5 x 67.7 x 12 mm and weight is 148.5 g
- Li-Ion battery 1700mAh
Samsung didnt announce the price or how soon it’s rolling into the market or even where it’s going to show up, so we sit tight.