We’ve heard so much about Blackberry’s long term device strategy starting next year (2015). While it still staggers on its path to recover (if it ever will recover in the mobile world), the Blackberry Z3, a newly announced device is part of those plans. It does not have cutting edge specs as the devices Waterloo has promised to release in 2015 but it is targeted at the hard core Blackberry fan who wants something solid, trendy and affordable. Well, affordable, may not be really a good word but you get it, this is not a high end device ala Z10 or Z10. It follows more in the footsteps of the Q10 and the Q5 spec-wise while maintaining the aesthetics of its high end siblings.
The Z3 is available for pre-order in Indonesia. It is in the same country that the official announcement of the device and subsequent global rollout is expected to start on the 13th of May. Indonesia which has for a long time had a huge number of Blackberry fans will have something special to smile about: a Blackberry Z3 variant named the Jakarta Edition.
Specs of the device are as follows:
- Size and weight: 140 x 72.8 x 9.26mm
- Display: 5 inch 540 x 960 qHD
- Memory: 8 GB internal storage (expandable upto 32 GB) / 1.5 GB RAM
- Processor: Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 clocked at 1.2 GHz
- Camera: 5 MP main/ 1.1 front
- Battery: 2500mAH
- OS: Blackberry 10
- Network: Wifi: 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Bands: Tri band UMTS/HSPA+ 1, 2, 8 (2100/1900/900 MHz) // Quad band GSM, GRPS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Others: BB10 software preloads and enhancements like Blackberry Hub, BBM, Time Shift & Story Maker, the browser and others; FM radio