The Huawei Ascend P7, launched on May 7th in Paris and made available on 7th June in 30 countries has now hit the Kenya market, albeit on pre-order. The device is Huawei’s current flagship device of 2014 and aims to take on flagships from others like Samsung, Sony, Apple, LG and HTC. And they really brought in a fight to the show.
The Huawei Ascend P7 has the following specifications:
- 5 inch Full HD 1080p display
- 1.8 GHz Quad Core HiSilicon Kirin 910 processor by Huawei
- Mali 450 GPU
- LTE Cat 4 with 150 Mbps
- 16GB internal storage with expansion options
- 2 GB RAM
- 2500 mAh battery giving 2 days of normal usage plus Ultra power saving mode, adding a day of charge at 10%
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Emotion 2.3 UI
- 13MP rear camera and an even bigger front selfie camera at 8
- 3 colour options, white, pink and blue black.
Safaricom has opened up pre-orders today for the Ascend P7 which will be open for at least two weeks before official Kenya launch in Nairobi. Huawei seeks to go strongly in the smartphones segment and has been quite successful globally edging out market leaders like LG and slotting onto third place in the smartphones market-share. With the P series, Huawei has managed to pull the sexy into their designs, something that has contributed largely to it’s market position.
Safaricom is bundling several accessories free with the device for pre-order buyers. These include a smart cover, Bluetooth Speaker and a 4800 mAh power bank besides a 1.5GB internet bundle that Safaricom has added onto it. The device which will be available in two colours, Blue Black and White will sell at Kshs 55,000 on pre-orders.