Samsung galaxy Trend is quite a popular device in the lower mid range segment and has quite enough going for it. Top among it being the universal Galaxy brand, a good screen size design and well balanced specs sheet and good pricing. Now it’s my self-appointed duty to alert you our readers when there is a deal you should not pass up. Here’s one, for our Kenyan readers.
Now Safaricom has this open day starting today and will go on for the next three days up until the 29th of June in Nairobi at Sarit Centre. One of the devices that will get your eye is the Galaxy Trend which was priced at Kshs 16,000 at launch which is sometime late last year. The device is still quite current for it’s price point as you will see going by the specs sheet below.
- 4 inch WVGA TFT screen (480 x 800)
- 1GHz Processor
- 768MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage, supports 32GB microSD expansion
- 3G HSDPA upto 7.2 Mbps modem
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, WI-FI Direct
- Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0
- 5MP camera with LED flash, VGA front camera
- Video record at 30 frames per second, FWVGA
- Dimensions: 121.5 x 63.1 x 10.5 mm
- 118 grams
- 1500 mAh battery
Safaricom is selling it at Kshs 13,000 for the duration of the open day and you get some 500 MB internet bundle on top. After that it goes back to it’s standard price which is Kshs 15,000. There are other deals on phones among other products too.