Lumia 630 was announced in April at Microsoft Build 2014, a developer event by Microsoft. This marked the first event Nokia held after the closure of acquisition. The Lumia 630 is a Windows Phone 8.1 device, the first in a lot of three that was announced then. Lumia 930 and Lumia 635 were the others, 930 being the flagship and 635 being the LTE version of Lumia 630.
Now Lumia 630, an aggressively priced already launched and started selling in India and is expected within this month in Kenya to come fit in the entry level Windows Phone segment, where Lumia 520 is doing quite well.
The device which also has a Dual SIM version hit India at a price of $176 for the single SIM option and $193 for the dual SIM version. Looks like the pricing is no different here. Reminder that the device has not launched officially, so things may change or remain the same in matters pricing.
Below are the Lumia 630 Specifications:
- Windows Phone 8.1
- 4.5 inch IPS LCD display, 480 x 854 pixels (218 ppi)
- Quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz
- 8 GB internal storage (upgradeable via microSD upto 128 GB)
- 512 MB RAM
- 5 MP Camera, no front facing camera
- Micro-SIM, Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n, FM radio
- Networks: GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHzUMTS: 900, 2100 MHzData: HSDPA+ (4G) 21.1 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, EDGE, GPRS
- 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm, 134g
- 1830 mAh battery
@Ngendo87 hey Ngendo you can get the phone at Zetort Comm or Makarim @ the Hilton. Or I Center next to Subway Town the phone goes for 16,799
— Nokia East Africa (@NokiaEastAfrica) July 2, 2014
Microsoft Devices confirmed that the dual SIM version of the device is indeed already selling in Nairobi, Kenya at Kshs 16,800 including where to buy in Nairobi.