Samsung is not working on just the budget Galaxy J lineup that we have seen leak recently. There’s the Galaxy A lineup that currently comprises of the Galaxy A3, A5 and A7 smartphones. As per new images from French website nowhereelse, the Galaxy A8 could be joining them soon as well.
The Galaxy A8 is a phablet. It will pack a display the same size as that found on the Galaxy Note 3, a 5.7 inch full HD display. Design-wise, the A8 has a metal frame, which is in line with Samsung’s new device design guidelines and can be found on the other Galaxy A smartphones as well.
Full specifications of the Galaxy A8 are as follows:
- Size and weight: 157.7 x 76.7 x 5.9mm, 140g
- Display: 5.7 inch Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) Super AMOLED
- Memory: 16 GB internal storage (expandable via microSD); 2 GB RAM
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Camera: 16 MP main camera and a 5 MP selfie camera
- Battery: 3050 mAh
- Others: Dual-SIM, LTE
At 5.9 mm, the Galaxy A8 will become the thinnest smartphone Samsung has ever unveiled.
While the Galaxy A series is reserved for its mid-range smartphones, it looks like Samsung will be bringing its A-game as the hardware specifications above show. This, when announced, will be the perfect replacement of the Galaxy Alpha.
We don’t have pricing and availability details at the moment but we should be hearing more about the Galaxy A8 going forward.