We’ve seen leak it several times over the last few days and its release was imminent. The Samsung Galaxy A8, already available for pre-order in China, turned out to be just what we had expected it to be. Being just 5.9 mm thick, it is the thinnest Samsung smartphone ever and it features those thin bezels the persistent leaks had made us expect.
Thin body frame and bezel-free profile aside, the Galaxy A8 also packs a fingerprint sensor. Surprisingly, the front-facing LED flash that we’ve seen from the Galaxy J5 and J7 is not present on the A8. It also has a surprisingly large battery: there’s a 3050 mAh unit!
The spec sheet of the Samsung Galaxy A8 is as follows:
- Display: 5.7 inch Full HD Super AMOLED
- Camera: 16 megapixel main camera; 5 megapixel selfie camera
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615
- Memory: 16 GB internal storage (expandable via microSD up to 128 GB); 2 GB RAM
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3050 mAh
- Network: 4G LTE
The Galaxy A8 is available in white, black and gold colours in China. There is no word on availability elsewhere but that is to be expected.