For the next 90 days, Safaricom customers will be getting free daily data following a new campaign that seeks to entice customers to ‘take their passions online.’
This is the first time the carrier has launched such a plan, and although its offerings have their limitations, the promotion has good intentions as a whole.
Here are some of the things that you should take note of about the campaign:
- The free bundles will max out at 200 MB.
- The allocation of free data is based on bundle usage patterns, which is different for every customer.
- The bundle lasts only for an hour. We are not sure if this is different for other customers, but that period appears to be standard.
To access the bundled, do the following:
- On your dialer, hit the data code *544#
- Choose option 1, which has a FREE data description text.
- You will then receive your free bundle.
Make sure you use the data over the allocated time, else it would be useless to you. Also, it should be noted that the FREE option is not available once you have redeemed your daily allocation.
Safaricom has many other interesting data products, including bundles that don’t expire, and Tunukiwa offers that are also tailored for customers.
Smartphones and the internet have become critical in our day to day lives, empowering us in different ways by connecting us to more opportunities. The 90-day free data campaign seeks to ensure that no customer is left behind by ensuring that all our customers can now access the internet, even at no cost – Peter Ndegwa, CEO, Safaricom.