Some M-Pesa services and other Safaricom services will be unavailable intermittently. This is as a result of a planned system maintenance by Safaricom.
The maintenance is scheduled for the evening of Saturday 20th May 2023, from 11 PM to 4 AM Sunday, 21st May 2023.
On a notice to the public, via their Twitter feed, the telco listed the following services will be affected:
- Lipa Na M-PESA PayBill and Buy Goods
- M-PESA Business to Customer-B2C, Business to Business-B2B
- Daraja Portal and all M-PESA APIs
- M-PESA organization Portal, Dealer portal, and Lipa Na M-PESA portal
- International Money Transfers (Western Union) and M-PESA Global
- M-PESA App and Safaricom App
- M-Shwari, KCB M-PESA, and M- Kesho
- Hustler Fund & Fuliza New Limit allocation
- Pinless Top-up
- IoT services
However, call data, and SMS services will be unaffected and available throughout. In addition, other M-Pesa services not listed above will be available.
Safaricom stated that planned system maintenance is essential to their innovative growth. Indeed, this is what allows them to deliver newer opportunities to their clients.
Nevertheless, the unavailability of essential Safaricom services will affect millions of their customers. This is especially true for M-Pesa PayBill and Buy Goods service as they are popular payment options.
Hence, it is prudent that Safaricom customers take note of this and plan themselves in advance.
“We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your support in maintaining our position as the country’s leading provider.” read the statement from Safaricom.