It is now more convenient and easier to load money on your Airtel Money wallet directly from M-PESA without requiring a withdrawal code.
Initially, to send money to an Airtel customer required the receiver to withdraw the funds at the sender’s agent network within 7 days. The process was not only inconvenient to the receiver but also costly for the sender as they were charged more to transfer money outside their network.
However, the introduction of mobile money interoperability has allowed customers to benefit in terms of flexibility, convenience and cost from seamless mobile money transfers across different networks. Users can transfer money from their M-Pesa wallet directly to an Airtel Money receiver in real-time, without having to withdraw from an agent.
To move money from MPESA to your Airtel Money wallet, follow these steps:
● Dial *334# from your M-Pesa registered phone,
● Select “Send Money” from the menu,
● Choose “Send to other Network.”
● Enter the Airtel mobile number (or other network user’s number).
● Enter the amount you want to send.
● Enter your M-Pesa PIN to confirm the transaction.
● Review and confirm the details, then complete the transaction.