Nairobi tech scene could soon take solid shape with several successes if what entrepreneur Sam Gichuru has in mind goes according to plan. Sam does not only want to have startups develop applications for the application store and developer competitions. He is interested in building the business in them. He and the Nailab incubation, where he is co-founder and Director want to shape tech businesses, from the sourcing for right partners, developing and troubleshooting viable business models, product development and business presentation/brands, software development and user experience finesse in the products.
And thus the idea of Ideas Africa, a portal that will not only incubate startups at the Nairobi based incubation but will also have virtual incubation that will span beyond the country’s borders. Ideas Africa will allow the startups receive the resources that startups receive from within Nailab, wherever they are in their countries. These will include one-on one video sessions with coaches, mentors and CEOs globally. This is in the ultimate goal of building tech business successes. Nailab is working with Kenya ICT Board in realizing this goal.
In line with that, Nailab is hiring an Incubation Manager that will be the cog behind all that, to be located at the Nairobi office on Bishop Magua building on Ngong Road. In a job posting on the site with a deadline of 9th August, Nailab has listed the duties of the Incubation manager to be as below:
- Development of the initial business plan of the incubator based on a sustainable business model and stated objectives in consultation with the CEO, steering committees and other primary stakeholders.
- Implementation of the incubation program including execution of the strategic plan and business plan; management of a small and growing staff complement, financial oversight and operations oversight.
- Implementation and management of good incubation practices including selection of potential startups, growing startup companies, bridging financial access for the start ups, networking, graduation coordination for the startups, and revenue generation for the incubator.
- Building and managing strategic stakeholder relationships including the raising of additional funds, client management and outreach management.
- Working with the incubator CEO to meet the strategic objectives of the incubator as defined by the Board, stakeholders and funders and being accountable for good governance and practices.
If you feel you are that person then you need to hit this link and get applying to be part of the success in the near future.