I was going to write a first impressions article, but we all know this is not the first time I am meeting this beauty. I happened to have been there at the launch of the Lumia 1320 and Lumia 1520 in Abu Dhabi and got a first hand desert treatment during Nokia World Abu Dhabi at the St Regis Hotel. So this is just about what you get when you open the box, beyond the 6 inch full HD Windows Phone.
Inside the box we have the phone itself and under it there is the pin to open the Nano-SIM and microSD slots. This is where you learn that the device uses Nano-SIM like the iPhone, so if you have plans for this device get switching.
Further inside we have the box with the start-up guide. Further under is where the meat of the matter is. The Nokia WH-208 in-ear earphones in the colour that matches the device, in my case we have yellow. There is matching extra ear buds for to replace and switch to whatever size that best fits your ears. The charger and USB cable are the other things there, separately.
Here is the spec sheet: (Note the screen resolution, Camera Pixels, OIS, Internal Storage and expandable storage, Audio Leveling with the four microphones and battery capacity among others)
- Size & weight: 162.8 x 85.4 x 8.7mm (volumetric).
- Weight: 209g It runs on Windows Phone 8 with the very latest updates
- It has a 6-inch full HD 1080p LCD , ClearBlack. Interestingly, the Lumia 1520 has a Gorilla Glass 2 while the Lumia 1320 has a Gorilla Glass 3.
- It will work fine on almost all networks worldwide: GSM/EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz; WCDMA: 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz; ROW LTE: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20; USA LTE: 2, 4, 5, 7, 17; HSPA+: DL 42 Mbps (Cat 24) / UL 11.5 Mbps (Cat 7)
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32 GB internal user memory; 7 GB SkyDrive cloud storage, micro SD card support up to 64GB
- Processor: 2.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Primary camera: PureView 20-megapixel Auto Focus ZEISS optics with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), 2x lossless zoom, oversampling technology, dual LED flash, 1080p @ 30 fps full HD video with optical image stabilization
- Secondary Camera: HD 1.2-megapixel wide angle
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n/ac, μUSB, BT 4.0 LE, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor
- Battery: 3400 mAh (integrated) with built-in wireless charging (Qi compatible)
- Audio: Rich Recording with four microphones; Wideband Voice and multi-microphone noise reduction with four microphones; Dolby(R) Headphone, Graphic equalizer, Audio leveling; FM radio
See below a gallery of other images of the Lumia 1520 as it went for a shoot on my desk, click for the gallery view: