Safaricom has today announced that they will provide free broadband connectivity to all the schools where the Kenya government will roll out the primary school laptops program. This announcement was made by Bob Collymore at the announcement of the Safaricom full year 2013-2014 report.
- Completing of additional 640KM fiber network in towns outside Nairobi
- Deploying of fiber to 900 commercial buildings in Nairobi, Nakuru, Mombasa and Kisumu
- Increase of 3G sites, 75% of these to 42Mbps speeds
- Launch of Wifi network in some malls within cities
- 50 base stations to be deployed in 12 counties where it’s not justifiable