Samsung today launched the Galaxy Note 4 in Kenya. The Galaxy Note 4 is Samsung’s business device in the category they shaped of the phablets. The Galaxy Note 4 was already in pre-order for Kenya and even if Samsung team did not divulge the numbers that was quite impressive. The Galaxy Note 4 will sell in two colours initially, Frost White and Charcoal Black.
The Galaxy Note 4 series is known for industry leading innovations especially around the Stylus which Samsung calls the S Pen. The company has moved from experimenting to perfecting the productivity driven by the stylus. Interesting features like the Photo Note which can come in very handy for conversion of notes in photos to editable text.
Other interesting features include the front 3.7 megapixels camera with an f1.9 aperture that ensuring super clear selfies. It also has software to take wide angle selfies by spinning three images together, a feature that first came with Huawei in the Ascend P7. Image quality of both cameras by the Galaxy Note 4 is industry leading among smartphones.
Samsung also brought Quad HD display (2560 x 1440) on the Galaxy Note 4 thus delivering super clear image quality. Another first on the Galaxy Note 4 is fast charging that allows the device to be charged in 30 minutes to upto 50%.
Below are the specs of the Galaxy Note:
- Size & weight: 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5mm, 176g
- Display: 5.7 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED (2560 x 1440)
- Processor: 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 805 with an Adreno 420 GPU or 1.9 GHz Octa-Core (4 X 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 + 4 Cortex-A57) Exynos 5433 64-bit chip backed by a Mali T760 GPU (varies by region)
- Memory: 32 GB internal storage expandable upto 128 GB via microSD/ 3 GB RAM
- Camera: 16 MP main camera (with Smart OIS)/ 3.7 MP front-facing camera
- OS: Android 4.4.4 (with TouchWiz, of course)
- Battery: 3220 mAh
- Network: 2.5G [(GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE) : 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz], 3G [(HSPA＋ 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz], 4G [(LTE Cat 4 150/50Mbps) or 4G (LTE Cat 6 300/50Mbps)]
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe GPS / GLONASS , NFC, Bluetooth 4.1 (BLE,ANT+), IR LED (Remote Control), USB2.0, MHL 3.0
- Additional features: Dynamic Lockscreen, Multi-window, S Health v3.5, Ultra-Power Saving Mode, Air Command, Fingerprint scanner, heart rate sensor, ultra-violet (UV) light sensor
- Colours: Charcoal Black, Blossom Pink, Frost White, and Bronze Gold
The Galaxy Note 4 is available starting today from Samsung brand stores and partner vendors at a retail price of Kshs 75,000. Pre-order consumers get a Gear Circle, S View Cover and a free 3GB Safaricom internet bundle. This has since ended as the pre-orders hit a close upon availability of the device. The Gear S and Gear Circle which were launched together with the Note 4 are not yet available in the shops, so pricing isn’t available too.