Asus has updated its Zenfone smartphone lineup with the Zenfone 2. The Zenfone 2 despite being a looker will likely catch on for the very affordable price than anything else. Yes it is the world’s first smartphone with 4 GB RAM but that statement is only true for one variant of the Zenfone 2. The other variant, which differs only as far as memory is concerned, will have 2 GB RAM and be available in either 16 or 32 GB models. It is the base model that is actually very enticing price-wise at $199. Another spec of interest is the quad-core Intel Atom chip in the phone.
The device will run on Android 5.0 Lollipop that won’t be that visible thanks to Asus pushing its Zen UI which it claims is now in over 16 million devices.
Below are specifications of the device:
- Size and weight: 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.9-3.9mm, 170g
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels, 403 ppi) IPS
- Camera: 13 MP main camera with f/2.0-aperture 5 MP FFC with f/2.0-aperture, wide-angle 85-degree lens with Selfie Panorama
- Memory: 2GB or 4GB/ 16GB, 32GB, 64GB internal storage with microSD card slot for expansion up to 64GB
- Processor: 64-bit Quad-core Intel Atom Z3560 or Z3580 clocked at 1.8 GHz (base model) and 2.3 GHz respectively
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop with the updated Zen UI
- Battery: 3000 mAh. Supports fast-charging. Battery can go from 0-60% in 39 minutes. Compatre it to heavyweights like Oppo’s Find 7 which does 0-75% in just half an hour, Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 does a 0-50% in half an hour also while LG’s newly unveiled G Flex 2 goes hits the halfway mark after 40 minutes.
- Network: GSM, 3G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity:802.11ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS
- Others: Dual-SIM capacity with Dual Active technology
The Asus Zenfone 2 will be available from March in a 5 colour portfolio: Osmium Black, Sheer Gold, Glacier Gray, Glamor Red and Ceramic White. Special Transfusion.