LG has a new smartphone whose price it is yet to disclose making it a little harder to actually correctly deduce its intentions. The company, however, says that the phone is targeted at “key 3G smartphone markets” so the device is expected to eventually pop up in emerging smartphone markets (Latin America, India, the Middle East and probably parts of Africa as well) besides its launch markets of Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan.
Specifications of the LG Ray are as follows:
- Size: 152.5 x 76.4 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Display: 5.5-inch HD (1280 x 720, 267ppi)
- Chipset: 1.4GHz Octa-Core Processor
- Camera: Rear 13MP / Front 8MP
- Memory: 1GB RAM / 16GB onboard storage (expandable via microSD)
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Operating System: Android Lollipop
- Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.0 / USB 2.0
- Other: Single SIM / Dual SIM
From the spec sheet alone, the LG Ray looks like a version of the LG G4 Stylus unveiled in mid-May without the stylus and a few minor upgrades bar the slight reduction in display size.
The device will be available in Silver, Gold and Titan Black colour options.