It has been a while since Infinix blessed its customers with a Zero device. The Zero line is the manufacturer’s high-end release, and since the Zero 6, we haven’t seen a Zero device since (with an obvious skip for the Zero 7).
Word has it that a Zero 8 device was spotted in a Google Play Console listing. The listing has since been backed up by other leaks, including a promotional video that was uploaded by a leaker on Twitter.
— Venkatesh Babu.G (@smartvenkat95) August 7, 2020
So far, here is what we have gathered in terms of specifications:
- The device may come in two sizes, named Zero 8 and Zero 8i.
- Chipset: MTK Helio G90 (or G90T)
- GPU: Mali G76
- RAM: 8 GB
- Screen: FHD+ with 90 Hz refresh rate. Size has not been revealed.
- OS: Android 10
- Selfie: dual, 48 MP main, 8 MP secondary
- Main camera: quad, with a 64 MP main sensor
- Charging: USB Type-C
We are not sure when the device will go official but typical to Infinix and Zero releases, the phone my go live in Q4.
In the Kenya case, Infinix continues to focus on low- to mid-range offerings. The script is used by other manufacturers who have grasped local purchasing trends, so it wouldn’t a surprise if the Zero 8 skips Kenya, or launches with few units.