Bonga Points, Safaricom’s loyalty program that awards customers a point for every KES 10 spent on the network have come a long way because in recent times, we have seen the carrier try to give customers more channels to redeem them.
The other day, it was about using the points to buy Kenya Power tokens.
Now, the same points can be used to purchase a flight ticket for airline Jambojet. This follows a partnership between the two companies that has since gone official.
Jambojet customers can now purchase air tickets for six local destinations: Nairobi, Mombasa, Diani, Malindi, Kisumu and Eldoret.
To purchase a ticket using the program, here is what you need to do:
- Dial *126#
- Select ‘Lipa na Bonga Points’
- Select ‘Pay Bill’
- You be asked to enter Jambojet’s pay bill number.
- Enter it as 737700
- Enter the account number, which is the reference number issued during booking
- Input the amount you want to pay via Bong Points
- You will the receive a response showing the number of points needed to pay for the ticket
- If the points are not enough for a full ticket purchase, you will receive a text alerting you of the balance due.
What they said
We are aware of the financial impact COVID-19 has had on many families. There are those who may want to travel but are cash –strapped. We want to provide options to the customers and tell them that they can still travel by redeeming Bonga Points.
Titus Oboogi, Head of Sales & Marketing, Jambojet
We have enhanced our Bonga loyalty scheme over the years to reward our customers for their loyalty to the Safaricom network. Through our partnership with Jambojet, we seek to provide our customers with more options in how they utilize the value of their Bonga points.
Peter Ndegwa, CEO, Safaricom