Huawei launched the Ascend P7 device in Paris, France and this was a device that showed that the company had come of age in terms of hardware design and software development. The Huawei Ascend P7, a quite slim device made an impression among the stage of high end smartphones globally, something that was a serious statement compared to the Acend P6 of last year which even as it had great design, managed to look mid-range. This is due to the components inside the device.
Huawei Ascend P7 came donning a 5 inch full HD display, a new processor by HiSilicon, an ARM licensee owned by Huawei, and Android 4.4. See below the rest of the specs sheet.
- 5 inch Full HD 1080p display
- 1.8 GHz Quad Core HiSilicon Kirin 910 processor by Huawei
- Mali 450 GPU
- LTE Cat 4 with 150 Mbps
- 16GB internal storage with expansion options
- 2 GB RAM
- 2500 mAh battery giving 2 days of normal usage plus Ultra power saving mode, adding a day of charge at 10%
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Emotion 2.3 UI
- 13MP rear camera and an even bigger front selfie camera at 8
- 3 colour options, white, pink and blue black.
For some time now Safaricom has been running pre-orders for the device at Kshs 55,000 bundled up with a smart cover, Bluetooth speaker, a 4800 mAh power bank and a 1.5 GB data bundle.