Sony’s latest smartphone is a gigantic one called the Xperia XA Ultra. The 6-inch smartphone joins the existing lineup of Xperia X smartphones that includes the Xperia X, Xperia X Performance, Xperia XA and Xperia XA Dual which was unveiled at the Mobile World Congress earlier in the year.
The company has reportedly adopted the Xperia X as its main smartphone brand going forward (till 2018).
The Xperia XA Ultra has the distinction of being the first Sony smartphone to have optical image stabilization. Even then, it is found on the device’s selfie camera.
Specifications of the Xperia XA Ultra are as follows:
- Size and weight: 164.2 x 79.4 x 8.4mm, 190g
- Display: 6-inch full HD IPS LCD (367 ppi)
- Processor: Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 (Octa-core, 64-bit) clocked at 2.0 GHz
- Camera: 16MP low-light selfie sensor with front flash and OIS (Optical Image Stabilization); 21.5MP rear sensor with hybrid autofocus and LED flash
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 200GB)
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Battery: 2,700mAh
- Network: 3G, 4G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, microUSB 2.0
- Others: FM radio, RDS, quick charging (supported charger to be bought separately)
- Colour options: White, Graphite Black, Lime Gold
The Xperia XA Ultra is expected in several markets in July.