The Samsung Galaxy C5 will be the first Galaxy C series smartphone. As widely anticipated, the device was unveiled early in the day. The device, which has leaked often in recent weeks, is somewhere between Samsung’s super premium and pricey lineup and its other devices geared at the budget-conscious buyers. In short, it’s another mid-range effort from Samsung.
The other Galaxy C series smartphone, the Galaxy C7, is set to be unveiled soon after going through China’s telecommunications regulatory body for approvals.
The Galaxy C5, as can be seen in the above image, looks like the result of an iPhone-HTC casual night out complete with the right thinness (6.3mm) to match as well.
The Galaxy C5 has an all-metal unibody build, just like devices in Samsung’s Galaxy A series.
Its specifications are as follows:
- Size and weight: 145.9 x 72 x 6.7mm, 143g
- Display: 5.2-inch full HD Super AMOLED display
- Processor: Snapdragon 617
- Camera: 16-megapixel sensor at the back; 8-megapixel selfie shooter on the front
- Memory: 32/64 GB internal storage (expandable via microSD up to 128 GB); 4 GB RAM
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 2,600mAh
- Network: 3G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB 2.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, NFC
- Others: Fingerprint scanner
- Colour options: gold, pink gold, gray and silver
The Galaxy C5 will cost $335 and $365 for the 32 GB and 64 GB versions respectively. It is expected to start shipping on June 17th. There’s no word on the device’s international availability so we’ll have to keep an eye on that.